Thursday, July 24, 2008

Berry picking season...Yeah!!

Yesterday the kids and I went cranberry picking by the creek. We have a allot of high bush cranberries on the property. We picked enough to make a batch of cranberry muffins. They turned out good, still a little more tart than I would have liked. Of course the kids and the hubby don't mind at all . I think that they are just happy I'm baking so often. When we went berry picking I noticed we have allot of raspberry bushes on the property. They are not ripe enough yet but I will keep my eye on them. Also blueberry picking will be here in about 3 to 4 weeks and I am going to harvest as much as I can of those. I will have to start collecting recipes for jams and syrups. So if anybody has any good recipes and don't mind sharing that would be fantastic. Thanks

No comments: